This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Problem Solved, New Problem

Hey guys, am back after a long forced break thanks to BT cutting off my line by accident, the fools, anyways, before I was cut off I developed an issue with Compiz:

Basicall, I reinstalled the latest NVidia drivers in an attempt to regain control of all the options which switching on xgl had removed.
    The problem is that now, when I start compiz, It just shows me the compiz splash on a white screen, so I have to restart X to get everything back...

any ideas?

oh and p.s. I didn't manage to get my options back anyways lol
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Starting Compiz Causes White Screen

Do "glxinfo | grep vend" and make sure the server glx vendor is "NVIDIA Corporation".

I suspect you still have SGI components. If that's the case load up synaptic, make sure you do *NOT* have the xserver-xgl package installed, re-install the nvidia-glx-new (or nvidia-glx if you're using an old card), nvidia-kernel-common, and your linux-restricted-modules-common/generic/2.6.22-14.generic packages. Hopefully that will fix you up.

-J
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Code:
      jj@jj-beast:~$ glxinfo | grep vend
      server glx vendor string: SGI
      client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
      OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
      thats the result of that, will give your method a pop and report back, thanks
      Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

well thanks very much all sorted

*gives you some cake*

Comment

While you're there, got another issue I cant remember how to solve.

Before, I had everything (including xwinwrap backgrounds) spanning both screens, but now they redirect to one or the other. How is it you set the screen to one column rather than 2 again and is it in compiz or KDE?

Its particularly irritating as using switchers redirects the graphic to one screen

Comment

Working...
          X