This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutsy or Firefox?

I know this is probably not (entirely) a Kubuntu problem but I think it is related, because it started with a kubuntu update.

Sometime in the last week after an update I stopped being able to check my gmail with Firefox. The logon page is fine, but after entering my loggin info, the next page is white. The bar at the bottom shows it's done loading. At first I thought Gmail was down, but it works on two other computers running Feisty. There are a few other random sites that show up as a white page also, so it's not limited to gmail.

Thanks in advance,

wmrobins

Re: Gutsy or Firefox?

Works fine here. No hiccups at all.

When it hits the blank page, does hitting the go button or refresh do anything?
    For external use only.

Comment

> When it hits the blank page, does hitting the go button or refresh do anything?

No. Well, it refreshes the white page. But one more thing. I just viewed the page source and it says

"JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options,..."

I checked and JavaScript is enabled,

wmrobins

Comment

FYI

Removed Firefox. No help.
        I did the version upgrade this morning. No help.
        Disabled adblock No help.
        Cleared Private Data in Firefox. Fixed it.

Comment

I've had that issue in Feisty. It only happened to me when I have had Firefox open for a few days and have been abusing the tabs feature.

Comment

How do you abuse tabs?

Comment

You'd have to ask......................no, Lowey, don't go there.................
              I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
              X