Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have Kopete crashing lately?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else have Kopete crashing lately?

disturbedite, thank you for that link, it did the trick and all works again like a charm
    Thanks again
    Intel DG41TY Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz 3.9 GiB of RAM

Comment

Bug #153500 on Launchpad.

Comment

I hope the patched package is going to be updatable through Adept. Having the user manually install packages to fix problems is unacceptable. Especially Kopete being one of the default apps. Based on previous experience only security updates are provided.
        AMD Sempron 2800 | 1 GB | Geforce 4 Ti 4200 | Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Originally posted by pookito
          disturbelite, I want to thank you for the info. Where did you get it? is there any news about it? It would be nice to know why it did not work. Anyways, thanks.
          i saw it on a feed from planet ubuntu by jonathan riddell:
          Preparations for Gutsy's release continue apace. #ubuntu-release-party is going a bit nuts. Many thanks to those who have helped test CD candidates, davmor2 gets the prize for most testing this round I think.
          Many people have noticed that Kopete has picked up a crash when connecting to MSN. It's actually a problem in kdelibs SSL code. The relevant bug is 153500 and you can grab a fixed .deb to install with Gutsy's new .deb installer, GDebi.

Originally posted by samwyse
          I hope the patched package is going to be updatable through Adept. Having the user manually install packages to fix problems is unacceptable. Especially Kopete being one of the default apps. Based on previous experience only security updates are provided.
          what a lame excuse, who the heck cares if it has to be done manually considering installing a deb package is as easy as a click.
          <br />

Comment

Thanks for the info.
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

whenever I login to msn. I tried deleting config files but no help.

Comment

install the package i posted above, assuming you're using kde 3.5.8 on x86 arch.
                <br />

Comment

They also put a AMD64 package out. It fixed my crashing.

However, about a day later it appears that they have now broken something on the MSN side: A lot of people are now getting 403's when trying to log in.
                  Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Working...
                  X