This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

openoffice.org wierd display problems

not sure whether i should be on launchpad filing a bug....

since my smooth upgrade into gutsy openoffice.org behaves strangely, if i clic on a file from the desktop (or in dolphin) the file opens fine but the toolbar icons and text in the menus become invisible (they appear if i move/hover the mouse over them)

i do not have this issue if i openopenoffice.org and then select the file (using the programs open file dialog)
    the problem also goes away if i use gnome.
    i still have the problem if i enable/disable transparency

... it is rather annoying

Re: openoffice.org wierd display problems

I hear you, you are not the only one going through that problem. The same thing happened to me. I upgraded the system and the icons from open office disappeared. I guess that is what happen when we upgrade to an unstable or testing version. I will assume that we sill have to wait for the open office system upgrade. :-)
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

I'm no expert, but could this be related to the fact that the latest Openoffice installed looks tweaked for Ubuntu, not Kubuntu? (Brown splash screen with Ubuntu on it.)

wmrobins

Comment

i gave up... for now, i've dowloaded the "oem" version from openoffice.org and that works fine.

will be posting a launchpad bug asap

Comment

it's already in there....
          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...org/+bug/41831

Comment

I guess wmrobins is right. The distribution that I have on my computer is ubuntu not kubuntu. The thing is that I use more kubuntu than anything other window manager so I decided to switch to gnome and try open office. It looked fine, all the icons were in it proper place. that made me believe that what wmrobins wrote was correct. Now, the question would be, How do I go and fix it? I know that the easy way out is to use synaptive package and uninstall the software and do what simesmindless did which was installing a brand new package from the open office website. But the truth is I like the fact that it says ubuntu when I boot open office. :-) I guess I will have to wait a little longer to see if the problem can be fix.

pookito.

:P

Comment

Guys, I think I have a way to fix the display problem. As you all know I was having the same problem, so I decided to uninstall the ubuntu copy and then make a fresh install from the open office website. For some reason that did not work for me either and had to download the same ubuntu copy from the repositories. After a little while I decided to go to the system settings and change the icons on my computer. After that, the icons on my open office showed up, all of them. I know it is simple but it might work for all of you as well.

pookito.

Comment

Open office runs slow for me but otherwise display seems ok.

Comment

Working...
                X