This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine and mounting

Is any one else having this problem? When installing a program with more then one CD when you get to the second CD it will not let you unmount it because it says it is busy. How would I go about reporting it as a bug?

Re: wine and mounting

I think you will find that there is a bug (feature) open. You can get around it by going to a command line and typing:

sudo eject

I had to use this when installing WoW for my sons. It would call for the next disk, but no eject.

Comment

Try also lazy unmounts: "umount -l". I think eject tries that by default.
      For external use only.

Comment

Its not really a bug, just a difference in how Windows and Linux work.

If any application is still using the CD, it wont let you unmount it.

Usually its because the Windows based installers dont close out the file from the current CD, so as far as Linux knows its still using it.

The most common end user mistake is if you use a console and navigate to a directory on the CD when installing the game. The console is for all intents and purposes 'using' the CD' and there is no way to back out of the directory without killing the app.

Of course, as mentioned here, forcing an eject is possible, but its a risky venture, there are reasons why that protection is in place. But there are also reasons it needs to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
        X