Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody gotten a screensaver to work with Gutsy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anybody gotten a screensaver to work with Gutsy?

Open GL screensaver has worked on my Gutsy system since October . . .
    Open GL screensavers have been working right since the last time I reinstalled (about 2 weeks ago); sorry I didn't update this thread, I kinda' forgot about it

I believe I first posted this from the Gutsy beta, everything's gotten better since then
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I had this problem too until I did what 3vi1 suggested and they all work fine now. Thank you.
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1
        Originally posted by integr8e
        I can't seem to get any of my screensavers working with Gutsy and was wondering if anybody else was having the same problem, or, if somebody could give me with the solution to mine. I'd appreciate any info/input from anybody.
        If you're talking about the OpenGL screensavers (Matrix, etc..), I discovered the solution after fighting with them for two hours this morning:

Code:
        sudo apt-get install kscreensaver-xsavers xscreensaver-data
        Apparently the 3D screensaver packages that you can install via Adept don't include these pre-requisites in their package list. I'll go /bug it at launchpad.
        Thanks dude, I have had the same problem.
        I tried installing xscreensaver from adept with no success.
        Your command line solution did the trick though.
        Now I just have to get Internet Explorer working.
        Work´s remote desktop has a problem with an expired certificate that blocks me from logging in from firefox or konqueror.
        You don&#39;t need a license to drive a sandwich.

Comment

Working...
        X