Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to open/save .ppt files in KPresenter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to open/save .ppt files in KPresenter?

Does anybody know how to configure KPresenter to open/save .ppt files (or even if it's possible)? OpenOffice.org is incredibly buggy on my Gutsy setup, and I would like to use KPresenter in its place, assuming it will open/save .ppt files (my university only uses Micro$oft formats .ppt, .doc, etc.).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Is there a way to open/save .ppt files in KPresenter?

Opens native .ppt or .pot files and can create and 'save as' either .ppt or .pot formats, with the warning that the file may contain formating or content that cannot be saved in the Microsoft PowerPoint 97/2000/XP file format.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

OOffice or KOffice (or both)? I know OOffice can save in M$ formats, I've been using it for years; but the only M$ format I see I can save files as with KOffice is .doc, I don't see an option for .ppt.

KPresenter also only opens wording from PP's, it doesn't open any pix or anything else.

Edit: I need help because being able to read/write in M$ formats (both .doc & .ppt) is mission critical being my professors require those formats; since I upgraded to the Gutsy beta, OO has been really buggy, with Impress being nearly unusable. I tried to reinstall all the OO modules today and wound up with windows full of binary code whenever I try to run Writer or Impress, and I don't read squares or other funny symbols very well. I'm currently updating my system and I noticed a lot of the update is OOffice stuff, so I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

Edit: Nope, still binary :P
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Sorry. My bad! :P OpenOffice Presentation is what I tested.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That's cool. I figured out what was wrong; for some reason, it wasn't working well with the openoffice.org-kde, *-gtk, or *-gnome packages (I tried all of them to see what would work and what wouldn't; the *-gtk & *-gnome packages were linked, but I tried the *-gtk one - by itself - first). For some reason with any of those packages installed, it only wanted to display binary code and didn't want to work with Compiz. I dunno, OOffice, Adept, and I can't seem to get along very well, ugh :P

I did get it to work though, so no worries
          Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
          X