X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gfortran

Hi,

I'm trying to build some software with gfortran on gutsy beta which need libgfortran and libgfortranbegin. I notice that there's only
    /usr/lib/libgfortran.so.2
    /usr/lib/libgfortran.so.2.0.0

Which package do I need to get the corresponding libgfortranbegin.so?

I found the gfortran-multilib package which has libgfortranbegin.a/so but it's not compatible with that from the libgfortran2 package. Does this mean I'll have to build my own GCC?

I hope anyone could give me suggestions on how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: gfortran

Hmm - do you have ?
    Package: cfortran (4.4-11) [universe]
    Header file permitting Fortran routines to be called in C/C++

cfortran.h is an easy-to-use powerful bridge between C and FORTRAN. It provides a completely transparent, machine independent interface between C and FORTRAN routines (= subroutines and/or functions) and global data, i.e. structures and COMMON blocks.
    Rest of fortran packages:
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/s...sy&release=all
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Well, I can't seem to find a proper libgfortranbegin.so library from the available packages. There used to be a libgfortran2-dev package but now it's gone (i see it when i do dpkg -l *gfortran*). Anybody knows why?

Comment

I was about to mention this bug report, but then I realized you were the reporter...

I have no idea what to say, let alone where to suggest you start looking.
        Try opening up Adept, searching for gfortran, and installing some of those.
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X