This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soundKonverter won't use cdparanoia, crashes with KDE audio CD protocol

I hope this is a reasonable place to post my problem. I'm running a fully-updated Kubuntu system installed from the Gutsy Gibbon beta. I recently installed soundKonverter and am unable to switch the CD ripping back end from "KDE audio CD protocol" to "cdparanoia". If I go to Settings->Configure soundKonverter... and switch to the Backends tab, I can set the pull-down for CD Ripper to cdparanoia. It seems to switch, but if I press "ok" or "apply" and then "ok", then re-open the configuration window, it has reverted to the KDE audio CD protocol.

Inspecting ~/.kde/share/apps/soundkonverter/profiles.xml reveals several settings, but none that seem to relate to the CD Ripper back end setting.

If I run from the command line, I get the following output:
    Code:
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
     Major opcode: 150
     Minor opcode: 3
     Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
     Major opcode: 150
     Minor opcode: 3
     Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    QTime::setHMS Invalid time 24:00:00.000
    QTime::setHMS Invalid time 24:00:00.000
    > bigjoe@bork [~/.kde/share/apps/soundkonverter]
    > $ QObject::connect: No such signal KComboBox::toggled(bool)
    QObject::connect: (sender name:  'cPriority')
    QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'configGeneralPage')
    QComboBox::setCurrentItem: (cRipper) Index 2 out of range
    The last message looks like it might be significant.

The main reason I'm concerned is that soundKonverter frequently crashes for me. Every other CD I rip (or so), I find it frozen at the end of the ripping phase for a track. If I hit "Stop immediately," it immediately crashes out. I was hoping that switching to cdparanoia would help with this.

Any assistance would be appreciated. If this is the wrong place to ask about this, I apologize and would appreciate a pointer to the right place. I'm asking here first rather than on the soundKonverter page because I suspect this may be a Kubuntu-specific problem.

Re: soundKonverter won't use cdparanoia, crashes with KDE audio CD protocol

Originally posted by jlr
    I recently installed soundKonverter and am unable to switch the CD ripping back end from "KDE audio CD protocol" to "cdparanoia". If I go to Settings->Configure soundKonverter... and switch to the Backends tab, I can set the pull-down for CD Ripper to cdparanoia. It seems to switch, but if I press "ok" or "apply" and then "ok", then re-open the configuration window, it has reverted to the KDE audio CD protocol.
    same here

Comment

Have you filed a bug report?
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Just filed one on LaunchPad, thank you for the suggestion.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/152418

I'm only addressing the settings problem, not the crashing, as I don't have much information about the crash and probably couldn't write up a useful bug report.

Comment

Working...
        X