Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compiz/Fusion - what does it actually DO?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compiz/Fusion - what does it actually DO?

Originally posted by pookito
    Originally posted by thedevilsjester
    I am not arguing against using it, I love it and would use it if it wasn't so buggy, resources be damned, I was just giving you a valid example of it being a resource drain.
    Thedeviljester, I do not know if it is that buggy, but I finally got Compiz to work and if you do not play a lot with it, it works perfect. I have been making some changes and that is why I know it has some bugs, but otherwise I would not even noticed. I do not know if you might want to try it, but it is good. :-p
    It has serous issues that happen at random when switching users that makes it impossible to use.

The other bugs and crashes dont bother me, they are annoyances, nothing more.

But when I am doing something important on my PC, and the wife wants to use her account for a min, and then I switch back to my account, and its a white or black, unresponsive screen, thats 100% unusable. It does this if both accounts have Compiz on, or if just one does, it doesnt change a thing.

I would really love to use it, its awesome, but I just cannot.

Comment

I guess as long as only one person has the compiz working I should not worry. I can live with that. But I need to tell you that even when it's working and it freezes it's really bad. I feel you.

pookito

You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
      Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
      Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Originally posted by pookito
        I guess as long as only one person has the compiz working I should not worry.
        It does it for me even if only one person has Compiz on.

As long as you never have 2 ppl logged in at once, then it shouldnt be an issue.

Comment

Working...
        X