X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: feature comparison - are there updates in ubuntu not yet in kubuntu

Originally posted by iano

But there must be an easier way than installing the whole ubuntu desktop.
    One would think so!

For reasons that aren't important, I didn't bother to install my Epson C84 on my Gutsy Beta system until Sunday. When I installed it, it appeared to install correctly, up to the point of printing a test page. The test print job hung in "error" status. I tried the installation routine twice -- once as a "USB" printer and once as a "Gutenprint" printers -- same result.

I noticed more CUPS updates last night, so after updating, I ran the installation routine for my printer. Guess what -- no problems!

So, sometimes when running a beta OS, the best solution is "passage of time".

Comment

dibl, say someone is trying to configure their 7.04 installation to detect their keyboard so they can install it on their computer, but is having trouble doing so, do you know a way to make it function? I found this bug report on the issue, but am thinking that it's been long enough since it was filed that the bug should have been fixed.
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I've never had a keyboard issue, with either PS/2 or USB keyboards.

But, if I did, I think I would play with the
        Code:
        dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
        script. It has a section with a lot of keyboard options -- one of them would probably get your, uh THEIR keyboard recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by iano
          Here is an example of something there must be an easy way to borrow from ubuntu. I have a canon MP780 printer. Try to install under kubuntu- no driver. Install ubuntu desktop, install under ubuntu= no problem. Log back into kubuntu = printer installed.

But there must be an easier way than installing the whole ubuntu desktop.
          Yeah, just install the foomatic-db-gutenprint package.
          For external use only.

Comment

Working...
          X