This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for VMWare Player users!

When I installed Tribe 5 some weeks ago, the failure of the VMWare Player package in the repo to install or work was a disappointment. At that time I tried the downloaded Ver. 2.0 Player from VMWare, but it failed to configure due to some glibc fault, perhaps related to my 64-bit architecture -- I could never nail it all the way down, but it wouldn't make it through configuration.

This morning I am delighted to report that (a) a new version, 2.0.1 was released 19 SEP and is available for download, for both 32-bit and 64-bit Debian Linux, and (b) it installed and configured flawlessly on my Gutsy Beta system. Moreover (and this is the first time I've managed this one), I was able to copy the .vmx and .vmsd files from my Feisty VMWare Player installation to my Gutsy system, and the new version asks if you "copied" these files, and then it happily accommodated them and the entire machine opens and plays with all devices enabled and everything. Wow -- it's great when software works so well!
Working...
X