This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz keymapping issue

I'm having trouble mapping keys in compiz. Namely the 'Super' (windows) and 'Tab' keys. All that happens when I press them is they cause a system beep. I accidentally unmapped the application switcher because of this :\.

Any ideas how I can get this fixed and use the keys?
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Compiz keymapping issue

I browsed around through the "Advanced Desktop Effects Settings", and it doesn't jump out at me. Maybe it's just following the KDE keyboard layout setup. So, Alt-F2, "kcontrol" Regional & Accessories>Keyboard Layout, and play around (carefully, with testing!) and see if you can assign the keys the way you want them.

Comment

Re: Compiz keymapping issue

I actually created a map with keytouch editor. Is there any way of adding that keymap to the KDE keyboard layout list? I'm guessing I just need to put it in the right folder?
      Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Working...
      X