This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update error message

Since upgrading to Gutsy, I receive the following error message after I do an update with Synaptic:

E: acpid: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    E: acpi-support: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: powermanagement-interface: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: kubuntu-desktop: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

I have done a bit of a search in the forums and on google but have not been able to find out what this means. Does anyone have an idea what this may be?

Thanks

Lowey
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Re: Update error message

you have at least one broken pacakge is what it means. its telling you exactly what is wrong. those packages have unmet dependencies. so you have to resolve that to get those messages to go away.
    <br />

Comment

In synaptic under edit click "fix broken packages" then apply. See if this will get the dependencies.

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I tried the fix broken packages in synaptic, but it just tells me that broken dependencies are fixed, but I still get the same errors.
        I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

you need to post exactly what the output (errors) is. we can't know that till you post it.
          <br />

Comment

Error message was copied and pasted into original post.

Comment

well, i thought you only posted part of it. it doesn't tell you exactly which dependencies it needs or anything like that?
              <br />

Comment

Thanks for the replies, disturbedite.

No, thats all it's telling me. No luck with synaptic, either. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling kubuntu-desktop but nothing changes. Would make it much easier if it would give me clue as to what dep.'s it needs.

Comment

Re: Update error message SOLVED

Some days my sad old 50+ old brain just doesn't think of the easy way of fixing things.

Completely uninstalled the four packages causing concern and reinstalled them and "viodka" - all is well.

Thank you very much for your time disturbedite and eeriefisher. Hope I didn't waste too much of it.

Cheers

Lowey

Comment

its all good, thats what the forum is for.
                    <br />

Comment

I find the recent update is not working properly, the update manager do nothing after 'check', all buttons gray out, this happened everyday I've to reboot to fix it. And I don't know why there are so many broken packages, I did not do any special update but use the system default, the user manager and disk and file system still doesn't work in the system setting.
                      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Is this problem still going on with you guys? It looks like the OP's issue was all about some of the power management stuff -- I don't use it on my desktop. But, as of last night, my Gutsy setup seems to be all current and complete and functional, with the exception of Compiz which is still buggy, although I run it and it does the basic functions.

Comment

Working...
                        X