This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles logging in

This evening I had the strangest issue. Just after I logged into my account I opened Konsole, but when I tried to type in there nothing happened. I tried closing Konsole, but it would not close. I quickly found that I could not use the keyboard at all (despite using it to login just moments before). When I tried to restart it would not restart either. After a hard restart, I logged in and the same thing happened again.
    I'm typing this from the same computer, using a different account - and everything is working perfectly. I'm not sure what happened, I was using the offending account earlier in the day without a problem, no updates preformed, and everything shutdown normally.

Does anyone have any ideas what might have happened?

Re: Troubles logging in

After some moving of the account folder, everything is running perfectly again. I still have no idea what happened though.

Comment

Re: Troubles logging in

I know this is an old topic, but I had the same troubles again. I would log in, konsole would freeze, KNetworkManager would not respond, and the keyboard would stop functioning. I decided to completely rebuild my profile, and start from scratch. Things were running great with the rebuilt profile, till just a bit ago.
      While trying to figure it out, for the xth time, I noticed something that I had dismissed before. KNetworkManager was saying that it couldn't find my wireless device, but under my test profile it could. I found the ~/.kde/share/config/knetworkmanagerrc file, and removed it. Upon rebooting, everything is working perfectly again (and the knetworkmanagerrc file has not been recreated).

It seems that somehow KNetworkManager was causing the problems, though I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
      X