This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mplayer in Firefox Solved

I had mplayer working just fine in firefox then about the time the kernel updated to 11 it quit working. Now only xine loads. I have tried everything uninstalled and reinstalled all the media stuff same old thing. Anybody got a suggestion?

The new update changed the plugin dir to iceweasel or something like that.
    System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Re: Mplayer in Firefox Solved

Hmm. You've marked your topic as SOLVED, and it appears that was the change you made to your own post. It would be appropriate if would post what you did or discovered that 'solved' your problem. It may help others.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Mplayer in Firefox Solved

I was not sure what to do. I just marked it solved and added a line explaining what I did. If I should have done something else please tell me what. It was not really fixed completely but I can listen to the dallascowboys.com talking cowboys show and that is all I ever used mplayer for. It does not work very well but I don't have to boot windows just for that. It worked correctly before the kernel update 11 (and 12 broke my sound have to run generic 12 to get sound). I copied the mplayer firefox plugin into the monzilla plugin directory and modified firefox preferences to find that plugin. It must not be correct because I don't get the mplayer controles anymore so I can fast forward past commercials but it is working some what. When the final release gutsy is out I will do a clean install and maybe it work correctly.
      System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Comment

Working...
      X