This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz-Ugly in Tribe5

Okay compiz plus all the plugins,etc finally starts whitout hicups, but wow!

Big fat white borders around everything (main panel, top panel, windows, etc.)

adept notifier (not seen on the panel in normal kdewin if there are no updates) places itself in the taskbar and will not leave. Now I have 12 virtual windows which take up a lot of space.

I couldn't find anything in emerald or compiz manager to edit this mess.

Well at least it starts. :P

The ubuntu tribe3-5 versions of compiz is by contrast very sleek. So I uninstalled compiz-kde and installed compiz-gnome (what are saturday mornings for, right?)

No more boarders Two adept notifiers still 12 desktops > and no titlebars in the windows. I guess maybe I could have played with something to get the titlebars back but what is the point? I want compiz-kde not compiz-gnome.

Well at least it starts althought it beats me who let this loose on us poor users

sorry if I hurt someones feelings, just my 24c's
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Compiz-Ugly in Tribe5

I haven't run Compiz in a few days so maybe there's been a bad 'update' but it looked pretty good before. Mind you I didn't have 12 desktops to play with. I just turned it on, and I don't have big white borders.. wish I could help but this thing is a mystery to me.

While I can surely see the pros of Compiz, until it's really ready for deployment it's not really useful for me. It's very slow, buggy and VERY hard to understand for settings and adjustments....

But when they get it sorted it's got real potential to be beyond cool!!

Kev

Comment

Re: Compiz-Ugly in Tribe5

Okay, after the latest update the 12 desktops are gone. The white boarders and adept notifier are persistent and I connot set anything in the "advanced?? desktop manager" >

Any Ideas?
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X