If so minimal bugs sqashed to be sure----

Tribe5 32 comments
    1 Install disk still buggy and still gives
    BUFFER I/O ERROR ON DEVICE FD0, LOGICAL BLOCK O
    on my 2 amd machines.
    2) Printers can see them now as user but Samsung ML-2010 still not printing, putting job into Kjobviewer "processing" try moving it to samsung and "error".
    3) Konqueror still will not adjust fonts on any wikipedia pages.
    4)Open office works--hooray
    So (depressed) what is the use, so I am too disillusioned to continue tonite.

Good night and good luck
    El Zorro

It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Re: I despair, developers seem not read the forms,

Bug reporting is supposed to be done at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu

If you post your bugs there (make sure to search first, and if anyone else has reported the bug already, add your own experiences to their open bug thread instead) then they'll likely get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZorro
      Tribe5...
      You're running GG, and it's 'bleeding edge' development, which is why there are constant updates. You're living on the edge! Isn't it exilerating?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Tribe5...
        Less than exilarating!
        I think it's haemorrhaging!
        Z 8)

You're running GG, and it's 'bleeding edge' development, which is why there are constant updates. You're living on the edge! Isn't it exilerating?
        It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Greetings, regretfully,
          I did that, to no avail!
          So Kubuntu/ubuntu is like a battleship that can't turn quickly, and the captain(s) never talk to the crew.
          So the forums valiantly help the shipmates (Thanx)
          But achieve little development quickly.
          Schade!
          Z 8)

Originally posted by Death Kitten
          Bug reporting is supposed to be done at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu
          If you post your bugs there (make sure to search first, and if anyone else has reported the bug already, add your own experiences to their open bug thread instead) then they'll likely get fixed.

Comment

I am sure they are watching and watching right now, minutes ago the 'give and take' feedback thingy disappeared, someone is changing the forum, so your comment will get intention soon, just a matter of time
            Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

The removal of the kudos ('give and take' feedback thingy...) was done by Open Source, owner of this forum. See his post at:
              http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...8.msg85767#new

Comment

Snowhog : sorry I missed that, and now I feel more comfortable to speak, this is free and open not like eBay anway
                Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

This, as well as *most* forums, are for the free exchange of information on topics of interest for which the forum was configured. One should not be fearful of posting questions or opinions as long as they are done so with consideration of others. Vulgar language, profanity, or outright attacks against other forum users is, I'm sure, something that isn't tolerated.

The users of this forum range all the way from "I've NEVER used anything but Windows, but I've just got this Linux thing and ..." to "Linux? Yes, I helped in the development in the early days, and I can tell you ..." and every experience level in between. We all have something to contribute, and something to learn.

Comment

Greetings, regretfully,
                    I did that, to no avail!
                    So Kubuntu/ubuntu is like a battleship that can't turn quickly, and the captain(s) never talk to the crew.
                    So the forums valiantly help the shipmates (Thanx)
                    But achieve little development quickly.
                    Schade!
                    Z 8)
                    The reality of a Linux distribution development is not as simple as an analogy to a ship as you would think. On a ship, orders come from one man alone, which trickles down to subordinates. On a ship, there is only one or very few means and fora of communication. On a ship, there is only one "crew" that the captain needs to talk to.

On Kubuntu, there is no single manager to give orders. We work on a meritocracy and a bit of democracy. It's a group work essentially. On Kubuntu, we have forums, IRC, mailing lists, and bug trackers for communicating between developer, users, and other developers. On Kubuntu, there isn't just one crew, there can be many groups. It's not a simple heirarchy.

That said, developers cannot, nor can they be expected to, monitor all venues of communication to get the relevant stuff that they need for development. That would be too much, as they would have to filter out irrelevant threads or information. That is why each venue serves a specific purpose for specific occasions. A brief, general, but by no means limited, overview:

Bug tracker - the primary means of communicating technical problems. This is the preferred venue for these kind of things because it is very easy to monitor, manage, assign, close, or comment on it.

IRC/Mailing List - preferred means of communication between developers. This is how they mainly talk to one another. IRC is also the fastest way to receive user support (in the right channel, of course). It is preferred if you need instant feedback. On Kubuntu, the developer mailing list has a low traffic compared to the Ubuntu list.

Forums - mostly for user support really. Developers tend not to spend too much time on Forums because unlike the previously mentioned venues, Forums can get really hectic really quick.

That said, the Forums are also an invaluable source of feedback and information, and the developers know that. But it is not possible for them to always have to monitor the forums too. That is why we (claydoh and me) do our best to elevate critical issues and information to the other venues if possible. Of course, bug reports should still be in the bug tracker. But feel free to use the forums to ask for confirmation about bugs.

There is one more reason why reporting bugs should be done in the bug tracker. They get assigned to the correct persons or teams. As a project, Kubuntu's main concern is packaging KDE-related software. Most of the software underlying KDE, like X.org, the kernel, printing, etc. are done by other teams. So reporting them in a place like the forums would only make the process longer. The information would have to travel from Forum to IRC/Mailing list to bug tracker to the appropriate team.
                    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Still the same- no printing

Despite an enormous upgrade, no progress on these two:

1) Printers can see them now as user but Samsung ML-2010 still not printing, putting job into Kjobviewer "processing" try moving it to samsung and "error".
                      2) Konqueror still will not adjust fonts on any wikipedia pages.

So I guess Samsung B@W lasers do not matter any more for Gutsy, as this goes on and on, and other ppd's do not work either.
                      Oh well
                      Goodnight and good luck
                      El Zorro

Comment

Working...
                      X