This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Radio

I try to play the stream from Shoutcast, the default app Mplayer started but didn't play, I download the PLS file and open with XMMS and it played, can someone tell me how to auto play the stream with Mplayer, and there are other similar apps installed but I don't see them on the list when 'open with', how do I edit the list of default apps ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Internet Radio

Unless you changed it the default player should be Amarok. In Amarok you just go to playlists and add a stream. Just copy the link and add it to Amarok. It should then be played.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Maybe I installed Mplayer so the default changed, but there should be a list of players for me to select I thought.

Comment

there is a list like that in konqueror's preferences or kontrol center/kcontrol --> KDE Components --> File Associations.
        <br />

Comment

Yes thanks !

Comment

If you haven't found it already, I suggest you check out StreamTuner (and StreamRipper). You can set it up to use Amarok (I do) or mplayer or whatever.

Comment

actually, that seems a bit overkill for recording (unless you really wanna do it that way). you can just grab the recordradio amarok script and use it to record from within amarok.
              <br />

Comment

obviously posted by someone who hasn't used it. you may not want streamripper if the amarok record works for you, but there is NO comparison between streamtuner and the stream capability in amarok. again, check it out and see what you think.

thanks for the tip on the recordradio script. you have to google for it as it is not available via the amarok gui. also, notice that it is just a frontend for streamripper which must be installed.

Comment

i assume you meant to say it is not available via the amarok gui. well its true that its not a built in feature its a script. you can get it via hot new stuff or off of kde-apps.

UPDATE:
                  i take back that part about it being available via hot new stuff. (in amarok to access hot new stuff go to the script manager and click "Get More Scripts"). it used to be available there but now it doesn't show up for some reason...but you can still get it on kde-apps as i said before.
                  <br />

Comment

Working...
                  X