This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept won't fetch updates after installing Kubuntu 7.10 Tribe 4

When I click on the "Fetch Update" button to update the repositories I get a dialog with title "Could not fetch updates" and text message "There was an error downloading updates". I did not have this issue while using the LiveCD though. Also, adept-notifier shows that there are 144 updates but I get the same error message when trying to update.

One more thing to report, adept crashed when I changed the repository to USA Server.

Update: I went to the konsole and typed kdesu adept_updater and managed to update some packages.

Re: Adept won't fetch updates after installing Kubuntu 7.10 Tribe 4

How about sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade to make sure it's the interface (read: Adept) that's acting up once more - and not the package manager itself (APT/DPKG).

Comment

could i also recommend synaptic?...
      <br />

Comment

I installed from Tribe2 and update to latest and I have similar problem, once it said there is version upgrade but I couldn't download it due to internet connection problem, but there is nothing wrong with my internet just bit slow, then later the error disapeared but I got duplicated entry on the sources.list but I didn't do it, then yesterday I can't install one update the 'adept' as this will break the dependency, I don't know what caused all that...... then I replace the sources.list with another one from here :

http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/

I not longer have duplicated entry but still couldn't install the 'adept'

Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Working...
        X