This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic update

I can have automatic update the packages in background without asking on the last version, but I can't find such option in Gutsy, something changed ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Automatic update

I would highly recommend *against* automatically updating an alpha/beta release, since there will always be instances of new packages "cratering" systems.

When something breaks, you want to be well aware of exactly what you updated so that you can file the appropriate bugs. If you're not looking to test specific updates, you probably don't want to be on an unstable release.
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

very good advice 3vi1. i was going to sat that but...
      <br />

Comment

Well I am just little bit lazy and I found the latest update with Openoffice 'snapshot' 2.X doesn't work.

Comment

the one before that was broken too...
          <br />

Comment

Hi Lotech,
            as in the openoffice is kaput thread, just apt-get install mozilla-openoffice.org openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-gtk openoffice.org-kde .
            You only really need openoffice.org-gnome , though it beats me why this is so in Kubuntu gutsy, but it is.
            Then openoffice fires up OK
            Cheers
            El Zorro 8)

Originally posted by lotech
            Well I am just little bit lazy and I found the latest update with Openoffice 'snapshot' 2.X doesn't work.
            It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes that worked Elzorro thanks but I wonder why we have to do that manually, I assume the packaging system will handling all dependencies like the previous versions, and why Mozilla has something to do about that and I still want to know how to set up for automatic update.

Comment

Working...
              X