This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutsy getting error with system settings "disks and file systems"

I can't see my disks in "disks and files systems" in system settings.

I get gray screen and an error... took a screen shot... I have no orphaned packages as the error suggests.

Everything seems to work as normal otherwise and it was serendipitous that I noticed this.
    Attached Files

Re: Gutsy getting error with system settings "disks and file systems"

follow the advice in this thread.
    <br />

Comment

Re: Gutsy getting error with system settings &quot;disks and file systems&quot;

That didn't work for me.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

It was one of the things I tried on a hunch, but it didn't work. It isn't really affecting anything I do, so I'll leave it and one of the updates between now and the release date will probably fix it.

Comment

well, to clarify, the reason i typed what i did is cuz that module (disks & filesystems) is provided by kde-guidance...

i just checked out my kontrol center/system settings and noticed that the monitor & display module is working fine but the d&fs isn't. so i guess i'm in the same boat as all of you. i've had this happen before, but it is not a problem for me, you can manage your disks & filesystems from command line quite easily and you can also edit fstab via any text editor as su.
          <br />

Comment

Not to worry - I think everyone's currently in this boat: I see the same error when I try to load it.

By any coincidence, are you guys both using AMD64 too?

-J
            Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

i'm on x86.
              <br />

Comment

x86 as well
                4 GB Ram
                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Still no joy here after to day update of kde-guidance.Also did the complete uninstall and reinstall routine. Nada. anyone have their disks & filesystems up?
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Tell me where to look and I will check mine. ( I know I sound thick but have never had to look so far!)

TG

Comment

System settings->advanced->disks and filessystems
                      4 GB Ram
                      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

no joy mine is empty also! just states
                        The module Disk and Filesystems could not be loaded

Comment

still empty here with kde-guidance_0.8.0svn20070727-0ubuntu3.
                          <br />

Comment

It seems to be back after todays upgrade
                            4 GB Ram
                            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                            X