• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Openoffice.org Kaput in tribe 3

Well, after doing:
    dpkg -i libgtk2.0-0_2.10.11-0ubuntu3_i386.deb

OO works again. But.

I get this:
    evince: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    firefox: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    gimp: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    gnome-keyring: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libbonoboui2-0: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.4) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgail-common: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgail18: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgimp2.0: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libglade2-0: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.3) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgnomecanvas2-0: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgnomeui-0: Hängt ab: gtk2.0-binver-2.10.0
    Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.4) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgpod2: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libgtk2.0-bin: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.6-1ubuntu1) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libnautilus-extension1: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.6) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libpoppler-glib1: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.3) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    librsvg2-common: Hängt ab: gtk2.0-binver-2.10.0
    libvte9: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.4) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    libwmf0.2-7: Hängt ab: gtk2.0-binver-2.10.0
    libwxgtk2.6-0: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.4) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    openoffice.org-core: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    planner: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.4) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    synaptic: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    thunderbird: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.5) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert
    vlc: Hängt ab: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.11.4) aber 2.10.11-0ubuntu3 ist installiert

okay its in german but you get the general jist.

Synaptic also wants to reinstall version 2.11.6.

I am not sue (alpha or not) that this is a solution. I am going back.

Comment

Who do you want to sue? I think you meant sure. either way those are a lot of broken depends. and I am not sure I would like them either.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by GANDOLF
        Well, after doing:
        dpkg -i libgtk2.0-0_2.10.11-0ubuntu3_i386.deb

OO works again. But.
        I think we need wait. Then we seen new libgtk come to update. For me personally I can live without office.
        because I am use this version of Kubuntu on my work machine.

Comment

Thats what alphas are for. But since I have been using gutsy a lot lately I would have liked something like that not to happen. whatever, now that my vmware-player is working again i can use OO from my windows guest. Ironic huh?
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
            Thats what alphas are for. But since I have been using gutsy a lot lately I would have liked something like that not to happen. whatever, now that my vmware-player is working again i can use OO from my windows guest. Ironic huh?
            not only open office dead. Pidgin dead too. Can't choose any protocols..
            Kopete works.. something creazy with this update..

Comment

I just read through the bug in launchpad and came across this:

The funny thing is I just installed the tribe3 version of ubuntu did an upgrade and did not get any issues with OO 2.2.1-5u3. So I am not sure if this is not a kubuntu only thing or maybe just an upgrade from tribe 2 to tribe 3. I updated / -graded my tribe 2 in kubuntu today and was confronted with this issue.

I tend to agree with Gabriel: "I believe this bug is kde related somehow...havent seen it reported by gnome users."
              http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...num_replies=19
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Well, this, first of all, is a "me too"-posting... but to those of you who, like me, really need a working office on their gutsy: be reminded that KOffice exists! It can even handle (import/ export) OO documents and is definately worth a try.

However, I love OO and can hardly wait for it to work (again) on my Gutsy.

Comment

Re: Solution Re: Openoffice.org Kaput in tribe 3

Hi
                  the latest updates still do not fix Openoffice of course.
                  After downgrading to libgtk2.0-0_2.10.11-0ubuntu3_i386.deb it does work but then adept comes up again and on fetching updates reports a whole swag of broken packages and offers to upgrade libgtk2.0---, and takes you back to a non working office so libgtk new version is corrupt.
                  This is an important bug that hopefully will be urgently fixed.
                  Best El Zorro
                  It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Over at launchpad they finally changed the status. Excerpt:

That might be an openoffice bug

** Changed in: openoffice.org2 (Ubuntu)
                    Importance: Undecided => High
                    Target: None => tribe-4

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
                    Sourcepackagename: glib2.0 => gtk+2.0
                    So, I guess we'll have to wait some more
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I had same issue with tribe 3 and found that by installing the following, Openoffice works again: mozilla-openoffice.org openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-gtk openoffice.org-kde

I suspect that its the 'openoffice.org-gtk' that makes the difference but I haven't had time to experiment further.

Regards

Comment

I suspect that its the 'openoffice.org-gtk' that makes the difference
                        Well not on my machine. openoffice.org.gtk was installed as were almost everything else.

For me it was openoffice.org-gnome that made it work again. Well why would I need OO-gnome on kde??

Anyway thank you for "going" where I haven't gone

If you don't mind I'll post this to launchpad. See what they can make of this
                        4 GB Ram
                        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by mbjsscn2
                          I had same issue with tribe 3 and found that by installing the following, Openoffice works again: mozilla-openoffice.org openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-gtk openoffice.org-kde

I suspect that its the 'openoffice.org-gtk' that makes the difference but I haven't had time to experiment further.

Regards
                          It worked on my machine as well, installed:

mozilla-openoffice.org
                          openoffice.org-gnome
                          openoffice.org-gtk
                          openoffice.org-kde

and now it works

Comment

Re: Openoffice.org Kaput in tribe 3----By golly that worked!

By golly that worked! thanks much mbjsscn2 no side effects obvious so far, apt-get update shows no broken packages unlike animals downgrade of libgtk.
                            I have Gnome installed on tribe 3 as well af Kubuntu-desktop as an experiment, and previously OpenOffice was kaput in that Gnome installation too, so it was a Kubuntu thing specifically it seems.
                            Probably the openoffice.org-gnome or the openoffice.org-gtk did the trick needs further experiments as you say.
                            Best
                            El Zorro 8)

Originally posted by mbjsscn2

Regards
                            It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X