This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept package manager?

Is it broken? when I try to run it now it says it cant connect to the database.. synaptic is working fine.

Re: adept package manager?

Yes I'm seeing the same problem with Adept but apt-get is working fine.

I wondered if there was some 'auto update' engine running in the background that was interfering but I can't see anything running that might be using the sources.list / database

Child
    http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Comment

Indeed it seems that after yesterday update something is broken.

I obtain running adept_manager a dialog saying:

"The APT Database could not be opened! This may be caused by incorrect APT configuration or some similar problem. Try running apt-setup and apt-get update in terminal and see if it helps to resolve the problem."

Some consideration:
      1) I don't have apt-setup
      2) Synaptic works properly
      3) Update Manager works properly
      4) apt-get update works properly

Regards

Comment

Yep, it's possible to get Adept snarfed up with a half-installed package. In a konsole window do this:

Code:
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        Code:
        sudo apt-get autoremove
        Code:
        sudo apt-get autoclean
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install
        You should be good to go. 8)

Comment

Done all those but still it refuses to works.

Comment

Don't worry about it: it's out of synch with debtags at the moment - totally broken. It will be fixed when the packages are updated.
            Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1
              Don't worry about it: it's out of synch with debtags at the moment - totally broken. It will be fixed when the packages are updated.
              Well I worry because the error is not clear at all, and given the fact Synaptic and Update Manager works
              the something can be done

Comment

Well, I see they updated the Adept packages this morning. Update and give it another try.
                Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1
                  Well, I see they updated the Adept packages this morning. Update and give it another try.
                  It works now

However the KUbuntu icon that was uset to be near some packages name now is the
                  wrong one

Comment

So is the broken Adept problems now sorted? I had the same happen to me on Saturday, and as I am not up with all this Konsule lark, I just re-installed Feisty, but I would like to return to Gutsy, as up till then it had been really stable and I love all the new stuff, especially the new Dolphin program!

TG

Comment

The very first thing I do when I install anything Kubuntu is install synaptic . Period.

Just my 2c's

Cheers
                      f
                      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                      4 GB Ram
                      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
                        The very first thing I do when I install anything Kubuntu is install synaptic . Period.
                        Ditto that. The first time I ever installed Kubuntu, Adept was broken... so I had to install Synaptic. I generally use it when I'm looking for packages; I only use Adept if I'm browsing general categories.

Comment

Yeah, I hear you guys about Synaptic, but if the Gutsy repos are temporarily out of sync, it isn't going to make much difference what package manager you use .... :P

(written by a guy running Feisty only ...)

Comment

Beware of the details :P

If the package manager itself (i.e. APT/DPKG) were "broken", you would have a point.

If, however, the packages constituting the Adept interface were in a disorder of sorts (as in the case at hand), reverting to "plain APT/DPKG" and/or to another interface (read: Synaptic) ought to be a useful work-around.

Comment

And here are the plans for adept-gutsy:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuGutsyAdept
                              Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                              1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                              2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
                              X