This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox profiles?[Solved]

I have not seen this for years. Upon installation and then start of firefox under user firefox prompts me to make a profile. Unfortunately it won't let me saying that profile already exists and I do not have access to that folder >

Any Ideas??
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Firefox profiles?

I had that error yesterday. I was trying to get some new proxy settings sorted out and deleted my old profile expecting that a fresh profile would be created in its place!! In the end I had to boot into feisty to create a viable profile and then copy the new profile folder into my gutsy home directory. If you are not dual booting stable and development, then until this is sorted out, how about creating a new firefox profile directory using the feisty live CD for example and then copying it via a usb stick or network share into the gutsy home directory.

Regards

Comment

Re: Firefox profiles?[solved]

Yeah, that Live CD. That is what I had to do as well

Stupid problem though I know this is beta but still, stuff like firefox should just work.

Comment

Re: Firefox profiles?[Solved]

Ditto that.
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
          I have not seen this for years. Upon installation and then start of firefox under user firefox prompts me to make a profile. Unfortunately it won't let me saying that profile already exists and I do not have access to that folder >

Any Ideas??
          Does it tell you exactly which folder you don't have access to? Maybe it's a spurious error because the folder doesn't exist, or maybe you really don't have access to it for some reason or another.
          Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Well, I can't remember the exact text but it was something like:
            You do not have access to ./mozilla/xxxxx
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
            X