This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEP Setup in 7.10

I've seen the question posted numerous times but have not seen an answer as to how to set up WEP.

I have my WUSB54G wireless working with no encryption, but when I turn on WEP and enter the WEP number through System settings\network settings I lose network and internet. Does the network settings function work for WEP. After entering the WEP key and saving the information, when I go back the key is gone and Hexicecimal changes back to ASCII. Network settings will not hold the settings. I installed WICD manager hoping there would be somewhere in that to input WEP, but to no avail either. What's the correct way to setup WEP.

Thank you.

Re: WEP Setup in 7.10

Got it to work thanks to the wizards at the Ubuntu forum.

In WICD click on the small arrow beside the SSID, this will open the settings (this is what I couldn't find) In here you can set your encryption. In my case I chose to set a static IP, I just used the Router IP and added 9. Add the SSID of your Router/modem, and Gatway (which I used my DSL router/modem IP for the gateway). when selecting WEP the box opened and I inserted the WEP Code.

I also had to change the IP in the System Settings/Networks Settings. I changed it to what I selected in WICD and set the System Settings/Network settings to Manual instead of DHCP.

Then up it came

Comment

Working...
    X