This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printer samba issue

Hi, i have a usb hp psc 1400 connected to a win xp pc, and i installed the drives on a ibm thinkpad with kubuntu , thing is i need help with the networking part.

i configured it with samba, i enabled printer sharing on the printer in xp, so i type in the address on my kubuntu pc,

url: 192.168.1.24/usb001 <-- i think this may be my error thats the suposed port for that printer but it doesent print. hope to find some help

i also have another issue with a canon laserclass 730i that one has a eth port so i guess i must be much easyer to config, its running on windows right now connected to a router for printer sharing, the thing is that i dont know if there are drivers for that printer in linux, i have been searching all day for those but no luck, i installed the Canon LBP-4+ Foomatic/lbp8 driver, but when i print it gives me a line that says <<manualfeed flase>>setpackagedevice and then it keeps like printing but only blank pages come out until i have to turn the printer off and then on, im real new to linux, but i like it a lot and want to stay with it, i really hope to find some help.

thanks in advance.

Re: printer samba issue

bump??

Comment

Working...
    X