This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer settings don't work

I recently installed an HP 2605DN network printer. I used the kde printer wizard, which seeminly worked like a charm, do change the default tray and paper type (letter ->a4). Did the same on the printer itself (it has a web interface). Now everything indicates that the settings are correct: the kde printer setup, the "properties" printing window in kpdf, the printer's webconfig page, cups' webinterface at http://localhost:631, all state A4 at Tray2 with duplex on.
    When I actually try to print a pdf file, the printer shows an error message stating that I should insert letter paper. Strange. So I tried firing up acrobat reader, looking at the printer settings there, and what do you know: letter, Tray 1 and duplex off, the default. Changing these settings to the desired ones allowed printing, but I have to do it every time.
    So now I suspect that for some strange reason, even though all config options point out that I have changed the settings, in reality the system still uses the default settings. Very annoying. It is a (k)ubuntu problem, my girlfriend's windows laptop has no problem printing on the network printer. Any suggestions?

Edit: Oops wrong forum
    I.
Working...
X