This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Solved, but not an issue anymore-Can't get IP addy via wireless

So, I've got my wireless working on the first try, via the instructions here. wlan0 shows up in kcontrol, my wi-fi manager shows me ssids, it works fine except it won't assign an IP!
    I'm using the wicd wifi manager, which I've used in the past, on this laptop with this exact hardware, with gutsy, without any problems. I can see wireless networks when I open the network manager, but when I try to connect to any of them, it gets to 'obtaining IP address' and then hangs for about a minute before failing. I tried calling wicd from a terminal to see if it fails with an error message, but it doesn't, it just says
    Code:
    setting encryption info...
    connecting to wireless network...
    when I click connect in the manager, and then gives no error message when the manager reverts to 'not connected'. Not having working wi-fi is going to kill me! Help!

Re: Can't get IP addy via wireless

So your wireless AP is not running mac filtering, wep, wpa, etc for which your box is not configured?

Comment

Re: Can't get IP addy via wireless

Nope, no mac filtering. It'd worked previously. Since I'd just done a fresh install, I said forget it, reinstalled, made sure to install all the available updates before setting up ndiswrapper, and it works fine now. So, I'm guessing the problem was the wpasupplicant update.

Comment

Working...
      X