X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Adept Access from Wireless Laptop?

Hi Everyone,
    I installed Kubuntu on my laptop last night and finally figured out how to get my wireless network working.

I can access the Internet from my laptop. But I'm having a problem in Adept -- all packages are ghosted out. If I search for an application in Adept, the category shows up, but the application is not listed.

Can someone tell me what I need to do here?

Thanks,
    Matt

PS: I am using a Sony Vaio with an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 card.

Re: No Adept Access from Wireless Laptop?

In Adept, if you click "Adept > Manage Repositories", are the universe and multiverse repos enabled, or just the CD?

Comment

Re: No Adept Access from Wireless Laptop?

Originally posted by dibl
      In Adept, if you click "Adept > Manage Repositories", are the universe and multiverse repos enabled, or just the CD?
      Thanks for the tip on Adept. On the "Kubuntu Software" tab, all the options are checked except "source code."

While I was in there, I looked at the "Third-Party Software" tab. On my system, there are three options:
      cdrom:[Kubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_ - Release i386 (20071016.1)]/ gutsy main restricted
      http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu gutsy partner
      http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu gutsy partner (Source Code)

Only "cdrom" is selected. Should I change this?

Actually, I had a hunch maybe my problem had to do with the IP address. So I went into my network settings. In the "Network Interfaces" tab there are two items: "eth0 ethernet" and "eth1 wireless." They were both enabled, but I changed the wireless to have the same IP address as my desktop computer. Then I restarted my computer and suddenly Adept worked fine. The funny thing is, after I restarted the computer the eth1 got a new IP address, but Adept was still working.

I don't know if changing the network settings is what fixed it, but it works now.

Does this make sense?

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X