X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stalled install from dvd?

Hi folks

I'm installing kubuntu from the DVD. I'm putting it on a 40GB harddrive in my Dell. It also has a 120GB hardrive which I have partitioned into shares.

at the moment I have on screen

theis filesystem will be automatically updated every 39 mounts or 180 days etc etc...
    setting up swapspace version 1.........

/dev/sda1 ###a load of numbers here###
    /dev/sda5 Type ="swap" UUID #####
    /dev/sdb1: Label = downloads #####
    /dev/sdb2: Label = MP3s #####
    /dev/sdb3 Label = stuff ######

I've left out some of the details but this is what has been on screen for the last half an hour. the three shares above are about 30gb each I think Type="vFat"

Have I stalled or is it trying to read everything on those shares or something? hope I havent done anything wrong, I wouldnt like to loose anything on the shared space.

thanks for any replies

Re: stalled install from dvd?

ok I've removed the second hard drive and tried again and with a similar outcome.

I've given up. downloading cds to see if I have any more luck. any suggestions welcome

Comment

You definitely might want to check your disc/iso for errors, and as i usually recommend, try burning the image at a slower speed. Today I was having a problem with the current RC livecd hanging, and it turned out to be a stray thumbprint or smudge I had gotten on it

Comment

really..thanks. I actually did try another dvd with the same result but I'll try burn it at a slower speed and see what happens.

thanks for your reply

Comment

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
          this wiki page has some good info and links that may help you out as well

Comment

Working...
          X