This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I found the source of the problem with updating after install

I kept running into the same problem after installing Kubuntu 7.10 and I did do some reading here afterwards but didn't get see an answer to "why." I am new to Kubuntu, or Linux for that matter, so I am having to learn as I go along. The meat of the bug was after I would install, I would see the notification for 170 updates. I would apply them and a little more than halfway through it Adept Manager would crash. So, after doing this several times and re-installing Kubuntu and trying again I decided to apply the updates one at a time to see what would happen. Everything was going very well until I reached the libqt3-mt update and this was the result:

(Reading database ... 84290 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace libqt3-mt 3:3.3.8really3.3.7-0ubuntu11 (using .../libqt3-mt_3%3a3.3.8really3.3.7-0ubuntu11.1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement libqt3-mt ...
    Setting up libqt3-mt (3:3.3.8really3.3.7-0ubuntu11.1) ...

Configuration file `/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc'
    ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
    ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
    What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
    Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O : keep your currently-installed version
    D : show the differences between the versions
    Z : background this process to examine the situation
    The default action is to keep your current version.
    *** qt_plugins_3.3rc (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing libqt3-mt (--configure):
    EOF on stdin at conffile prompt
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    libqt3-mt

Now like I said, I'm a newbie, so not too much of this means a whole lot to me just yet, but hopefully this info will mean something to someone else.

Thanks

Re: I think I found the source of the problem with updating after install

For Gutsy Installations:

Open Adept Manager (K Menu | System | Adept Manger) and click on Adept | Manage Repositories. On the first tab, check all items (you don't need the last item checked unless you intend to download source files for compiling). On the Third-Party Software tab uncheck/delete the cdrom repository entry. Close the window. If Adept doesn't automatically fetch updates, click on Fetch Updates. You will now have access to the thousands of available packages. If you still have problems, open a console and type:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X