X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu cd not recognized in Vista

hliss --

You should be able to "see" the file names that are on a CD in Windows Explorer - live CD, music CD, any CD. If you can't, then chances are very good that the CD does not contain a viable iso9660 file system. The iso image could have been corrupted on download. It could have been corrupted during burn. Or it could be that the CD media was bad to begin with.

Everyone else --

Yes, you cannot read an iso9660 image directly - it's just one big file to most file readers (i.e., Windows Explorer). Once the image has been burned, you should be able to read any file name and peruse the file structure in any file management tool (i.e., Windows Explorer, Konqueror, etc.). hliss could have a bad drive, but more than likely it's a bad burn or a bad download.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

ok ok.. so you have configured your BIOS to boot from a CD as its first option correct.. if not then all you do is reboot your PC press F2 or whatever key that will get you into settings it should say something like "boot device" or something like that than your enable booting from an CD and add that as your first option.. than you insert the Kubuntu live CD and it should have a menu which the first option should say "start or install Kubuntu"... if that doesnt work than you might have a faulty CD rom drive

Comment

The bios is set to boot from the cd first, then flppy, hard drive and last network.... It does not boot from the cd though!!! I have downloaded several copies, about furr or so from www.kubuntu.com and bruned them. And none of them has worked so far.... I am using internet download manager, which is divding files into several fiels.... could that be the problem with the iso??

Sprry abou the spellign misstakes... I just got back from karrement and jimmy'z!!! It has been a long night!

Comment

Originally posted by hliss
          The bios is set to boot from the cd first, then flppy, hard drive and last network.... It does not boot from the cd though!!! I have downloaded several copies, about furr or so from www.kubuntu.com and bruned them. And none of them has worked so far.... I am using internet download manager, which is divding files into several fiels.... could that be the problem with the iso??

Sprry abou the spellign misstakes... I just got back from karrement and jimmy'z!!! It has been a long night!
          Yes. If you cannot boot from the CD made from your download process, then the download is corrupted.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

I am using internet download manager, which is divding files into several fiels.... could that be the problem with the iso??
            Yes, you have to download the iso "all in one" as one file, otherwise it most likely will be corrupted.

Also while googling for those links I gave you I noticed a few issues with your LT and overheating and cd drive usage. You may want to have a look in google. Plus your cd reader lens may be dirty so you may want to get a cleaning cd.
            HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
            X