This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live CD doesnt boot

Hi i have a system of the following configuration.
    Processor: Intel 2.8 HT
    Motherboard:Intel 865GBF with on board display
    RAM:1GB
    Hdisk:80 Gb.
    I received a Kubuntu 7.10 Live Cd last week from Canonical(Thanks Guys).
    I am trying to install Gusty Gibbon with dual boot windows.After restart and boot from CD in BIOS,the kernel appears and
    i have chosen Start or Install Kubuntu
    after which the progress bar appears and goes forth and back afew times
    and now the problem,the system crashes and the monitor appears like when a video game has crashed.What could be the problem. I tried the documentation but its of little help.So someone pls help me out guys.

Re: Live CD doesnt boot

I am not the most qualified bloke for this problem here but I'll give you something to try while the others in the States are still in bed

When you boot up you have a number of options to do with the function keys. Try adjusting for example the monitor resolution. If that does not work, start the CD in "safe mode" or whatever it is called and report back.

BTW, why didn't you download the CD? No broadband?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

well again i don't know how to fix your problem but i thought i would give it a try. Maybe you could try the ubuntu live cd see if you can install that then you can always just switch from ubunto to kubuntu after install.

Comment

When you see the "crash", what do you see, exactly? Black screen, with blinking white "_" in the upper left corner?

Comment

During the crash,no "_" command prompt doesnt appear.Its a colourful screen,like a half loaded jpeg image garbled and the system doesnt work num lock on the keyboard doenst work.Cant explain it fully how bcos cannot take the screenshot(Da..).Also as easoukenka said i tried the ubuntu live CD as well.Same problem.Also tried in safe graphics mode...same.

Comment

Working...
          X