Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

examining file system every startup on gusty gibbon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

examining file system every startup on gusty gibbon?

For some reason when I get to the GUI desktop on Gutsy Gibbon, the bottom panel blicks on and off a coupole times then I get a box with the message " examining file system" and /trash in the selection, it then goes and reemerges a couple of times before I can use the desktop.

any ideas why
    I recently installed KBFX for the menu, could this cause this problem?
    Thanks

Re: examining file system every startup on gusty gibbon?

Do you have an older machine? Me thinks this behaviour is normal but only really noticeable on "not superfast" boxes...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
      Do you have an older machine? Me thinks this behaviour is normal but only really noticeable on "not superfast" boxes...
      Running XP athlon 2 gig, I gig of RAM, been fine till now.

Comment

Right, that's not it then. I've seen this behaviour on my laptop which runs on Kubuntu a couple of times and I never really bothered with it 'cos I thought it is a normal part of KDE coming up...
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
          Right, that's not it then. I've seen this behaviour on my laptop which runs on Kubuntu a couple of times and I never really bothered with it 'cos I thought it is a normal part of KDE coming up...
          it also seems a lot slower to load the gui. Meaning when the GUI 1st appears till I can actually use the desktop.

Maybe it has something also to do with me installing KDE4 on it. I just removed KDE4 and will see it it improves.

Comment

Working...
          X