This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install works fine, but won't boot.

I installed Kubuntu on a ATA 500gb Internal Harddrive (a separate drive from my WinXP drive) on a 40gig partition. Everything went fine but it would not let me boot into Kubuntu. I tried using Super GRUB to set it up and it's showing that Linux is pointing to the partition on hd(0,4) when it's actually located at hd(1,4). I tried to do an easy swap then rebuild linux as it says in the Super GRUB Toolkit, but when I do get it to boot to the GRUB loader it won't doesn't recognize the partitions for any selection, and says that it cannot find the NTFS for the Windows Selection. It's like it isn't picking up on the fact that it's looking for the partitions in the wrong drives, and won't accept the changes I make in Super GRUB. Any help would be great.

EDIT: I'm installing the 32bit version Kubuntu, as the 64 bit version would freeze after I selected Install/Run from the LiveCD boot menu.

Chip: AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core
    Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
    RAM: 4gb (4x1024 sticks) PC3200 DDR SDRAM
    Storage: ATA 500gb Internal Harddrive
    Video: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW(Digital)

Re: Install works fine, but won't boot.

Have a look at this, working down through the logic of it. You might have to edit menu.lst and/or re-install GRUB (from a live Kubuntu CD)
    How To GRUB Methods - Toolkit
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081671.0

(BTW, Just curious, what is the Super GRUB Toolkit?)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: Install works fine, but won't boot.

Didn't mean to put SUPER in there... my bad =|

Comment

Working...
      X