This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation just quits

I have an Athlon 2 GHZ PC with 512 MB RAM and Windows 2K PRO on C: drive. I have the 40 Gig drive split down the middle into two partitions C/D. I cleaned D drive off and reformatted it.

Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) boots off the CD and then starts the installation. I get to the install process started and select the drive and it lets me see the partitions. When I select Guided or Manual they both start run for about 10 minutes then it quits or closes out the window and goes back to the Install desktop. When I go back in, the drives do not change. No error messages show up, so I can't even supply them.

I have installed Kubuntu a few other times and never had this happen before now. Thank you.

Re: Installation just quits

When you first boot the CD, choose the "Check CD for defects" option and make sure there's nothing wrong with it. Then, try again; if the problem persists, try burning another CD, and if that still doesn't fix the problem, give the Alternate CD a try. If you're still having issues after that, let me know (also, let me know if you need help using the Alternate CD).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. It was a combination of a couple of things. You were correct the CD was bad. It booted off the CD but would not install, so I tried a CD that installed successfully in the past. I also found that one of the 256 MB ram modules went bad and only gave me 256MB RAM so I replaced it. After these two fixes, it installed with no errors. Thanks again.

Comment

Anytime
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
        X