This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Kubuntu - resize partition problem

Hello everyone ! I'm new to linux and i wanted to install it , precisely Kubuntu 7.10, but i didn't managed to.I have on my system installed Windows XP. My problem : when i get to the partitioning step in the installing menu on the live CD , i select the 'guided - resize hda1 and use freed space' , i choose about 8 gb for the new partition, but when i click next , it stops at 0% and then appears an error saying that the resizing cannot be done and it's aborted.
    My hda1 is the partition where i have my XP installed and it's NTFS.

Please help... Excuse my English

Re: Installing Kubuntu - resize partition problem

Your English is fine. Try this: boot to XP and defrag it; then, try installing Kubuntu again. Your XP partition can't be resized if it's too fragmented.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Re: Installing Kubuntu - resize partition problem

Two more tricks:

> Try it again (i.e., do what you did again—this has worked for me).

> Do your partitioning before using the Kubuntu installer, and do so using GParted Live CD:
      GParted: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
      (then run the installer and use the partition(s) you already have made--select the "Manual" partitioning method)
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X