Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Won't boot past the Kubuntu logo and loading bar...screen goes blank.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't boot past the Kubuntu logo and loading bar...screen goes blank.

I had finally gotten Kubuntu 7.10 installed last night and working somewhat great. But I screwed something else up again. Linux is really make you learn this stuff the hard way.

So I was going to go to bed and I told it to go into Hibernation. The comp never went, and I was (with my limited knowledge) forced to hit the power button and reboot. The computer starts to reboot and finishes up the Kubuntu logo with the loading bar underneath, resizes the monitor and goes to a blank screen. I can't go into Console with Ctrl Alt F1 either.

Thats it. The last time this happened it was when I was screwing with video card driver, and earlier in the night I had told the System Prefs to auto detect my monitor (which it did) and I selected it. So I guess that could have caused this too? But either way, I can't get into Kubuntu.

I am currently in XP.

Re: Won't boot past the Kubuntu logo and loading bar...screen goes blank.

You probably did an update or some such working on the video stuff. You could of course reinstall, but this ain't XP 8)

Try to boot up again and when it doesn't come up, hit CTRL+ALT+F3

With any luck you are on the command line now. All you have to do now is reconfigure your X server which somebody else, I'm sure, knows the command for.

FWIW, CTRL+ALT+F1-6 gives you different command lines while CTRL+ALT+F7 brings you into X
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: Won't boot past the Kubuntu logo and loading bar...screen goes blank.

See the first "code" line here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3085112.0
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X