X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant install 64-bit kubuntu 7.10

Hello!

I downloaded both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of kubuntu 7.10. 32-Bit version installed successfully but when i try to install 64-bit version after booting it goes to x-server boot from cd but asks me to enter login info but in 32-bit version it boots successfully and starts x-server from CD and shows me install icon on desktop but on 64-bit it prompts me to login. Can you please tell me whats this?

Zeeshan

Re: I cant install 64-bit kubuntu 7.10

You need one or the other, but not both. What is your CPU?

Comment

i want to install 64-bit as i heard its faster than 32-bit and i have AMD-64 5600+ processor.

Comment

Unless you are into video editing you will not be able to observe any difference in the speed of your computer running 64-bit. However, I'm like you and run it because I can.

Have you already done your partitioning so that your hard drive is ready to have Kubuntu installed? If so, I recommend you burn the "Alternate" installation CD for 64-bit. It is character-based, and has a few less issues with video cards and power-saving stuff. Or if you want to play with the Live CD, which I think you have, then you probably need to press F6 and try some of the boot options -- perhaps "safe graphics" or "VESA" mode will work on your system.

Comment

Dibl is right, video editing is where you'll notice the diff.. this isn't like windows XP where the ram limit is 4 gigs on 32 bit :P

Comment

Working...
          X