• Show
Clear All

Ati x800gto2 dont work

yo all,
    i've recently try to install kubuntu 7.10 amd64 on my pc:
    cpu: amd64 3500+
    gpu: x800gto2
    mobo: asus a8n32

but when i launch "start or install kubuntu" the monitor dont receive input from the gpu... the result is balck screen amd i cant do anything, only reboot ...
    i dont know if my gpu is supported... someone can help me?

Re: Ati x800gto2 dont work

Originally posted by fl4_
    yo all,
    i've recently try to install kubuntu 7.10 amd64 on my pc:
    cpu: amd64 3500+
    gpu: x800gto2
    mobo: asus a8n32

but when i launch "start or install kubuntu" the monitor dont receive input from the gpu... the result is balck screen amd i cant do anything, only reboot ...
    i dont know if my gpu is supported... someone can help me?
    What you need is getting into command line mode. There are different ways.

I boot from Grub in recovery mode. If you get the graphical log on, use the box to the lower right to choose failsafe.

Then at the command line:

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    Give your password, and do not choose any automatic finding of hardware. The safest thing is to go for the VGA video card, and a standard monitor.

Then, when you reboot, you may be asked if you want to install "non-free" drivers. This will be the ATI driver (if available).

You can also use Envy (Google for it), as this seems to be a little better.

ATI cards can be difficult. If everything fails, try just the ati card. (System settings etc.)

Comment

ok but i dont arrive at graphical logon....imho the problem is before ...

because the problem appear immediately after the insert of the cd and when i select "start or isntall kubuntu" the screen becomes black, i dont even see the loading of the kernel...

i think i can try with -alternate- and/or setting some variables of vga into boot option, is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by fl4_
        ok but i dont arrive at graphical logon....imho the problem is before ...

because the problem appear immediately after the insert of the cd and when i select "start or isntall kubuntu" the screen becomes black, i dont even see the loading of the kernel...

i think i can try with -alternate- and/or setting some variables of vga into boot option, is it possible?
        Did you do the testing of the CD at boot-up? Most (but not all) problems of this type is a bad CD

Comment

Working...
        X