This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to install but...

So I'm trying to install on another computer but when I try to install from the Live CD, the icons and font will be really big. So I reboot and try the graphics safe option (this worked last time I tried it) but it never gets to the desktop. My monitor will say no input for a while and then it will show text of some things that it's starting up but will stop and never get to the desktop.

I have a nVidia 8500 GT card, is this the problem? If so, should I remove it and install my 7xxx card to get it installed then swap it back in? The 7xxx is on my other PC and the 8500 has DVI with HDCP (which my projector needs) so I want to keep the 8500 in this PC.

Re: Trying to install but...

Originally posted by msimoens

I have a nVidia 8500 GT card, is this the problem?
    Yes (95% confidence).

Maybe my experience with an 8800GTS will be relevant to your situation:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3089767.0

Comment

Re: Trying to install but...

Thanks! I was about to try your tutorial but Islapped my 7 series nVidia card in and did a fresh install. I got Envy installed and tested it by installing a driver using Envy. Restarted and it still worked so I shut down, swapped my 8500 back in and booted up. It actually was working however to make sure things are gonna be stable I opted to do another install of a driver via Envy (Envy did say I had an 8500GT card and it was supported). I restarted and now everything is working!

Comment

Working...
      X