This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 7.10 asking for login pass at install

I am trying to setup gutsy gibbon 7.10 using the i386 desktop version using the livecd. (finally gave up on the x64 version)
    I was able to get into the kubuntu screen once and start to setup the partitions to install. However before I applied the partition settings and started to install, the system froze.

Ever since when I go to try and install using the livecd, it now asks for a username and password. I have not yet set this up. I've tried kubuntu, ubuntu, guest, root, and other usernames with no sucess.
    Any suggestions?

Re: kubuntu 7.10 asking for login pass at install

A live CD (either 32-bit or 64-bit), or the Alternate Install CD, should boot up flawlessly every time, with no password required. Intermittent behavior such as you are describing sounds like a "bad burn" or "bad media" or "bad optical drive" issue. Make sure you burn the ISO image at no faster than 4X speed. If you have access to another computer, you can try your CD there to see if the behavior is the same on another optical drive. A good burn of a live CD "just works" -- it should go straight to the GUI desktop every time you boot it.

Comment

hmm.. ok. I've tried downloading from another site, and had the same result.I tried booting up the disk on my laptop, and it worked fine. On the desktop I tried again I got the error "authenticating ubuntu... A critical error orccured... Please look at KDM's logfile for more information......"

Comment

gonna try ubuntu live cd and see if I can go that route... strange i got pclinuxos going no probs. Last chance I guess!

Comment

Working...
        X