X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing multiple downloaded .deb files

Hi All

I have previously downloaded many (234) .deb files being updates, additional software, games for the kids, etc.

Reinstalled Gutsy and wiped the disk clean. The above .deb files were backed-up first (from /var/cache/apt/archives)

I am looking for an easy way to reinstall these .deb files without having to download them all again from the repos (am on dialup here so it would take many days and the ISP would complain!).
    An estimate is that there are only a few dependencies missing from this list of downloaded files

Is there an easy (and reliable) way to do this, either by the Command Line or via Adept?

Using dpkg could work but it looks for the already downloaded dependencies from the repos, not from the current directory (using "sudo dpkg -i package_file.deb").
    I have put the .deb files into /var/cache/apt/archives (as a guess) but Adept Manager does not recognise them being there?

Many thanks

Andy
    I

Re: Installing multiple downloaded .deb files

Try aptoncd:
    http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Or make local repository:
      Topic: Making Local Repository
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087550.0

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

It would be nice if gdebi would allow you to cue multiple installs and adjust the order as necessary in order to satisfy dependencies.

Comment

Shouldn't
          Code:
          sudo dpkg -i --force-depends *.deb
          sudo apt-get install -f
          do it? Or is it too much "bad practice"?
          The Nomad's Land - some Linux humor too

Comment

Hi folks

I used aptoncd to resolve the issue I had. "Making Local Repository", as advised by Rog131could be used next time. Thanks to both for prompt advice here.

Apparently gdebi has a bug report (enhancement?) about getting it to look in the same directory by default for dependencies. This might resolve some of the questions mentioned above.
            Its a good program, however being in its infancy some of these things were missed.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X