This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Manager always fails to install packages

Whenever I run Adept Manager to install additional packages (e.g. Samba, FlashPlayer,Thunderbird, etc.) I get the following error message during the installation process:

There was an error commiting changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages.

Is there a way to determine what is causing this to fail?

Re: Adept Manager always fails to install packages

A possibility, is that you have the CDROM still identified as a repository (Third-Party Software tab in Adept | Manage Repositories). If you do, uncheck/delete the entry. Try again.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yep, do that first. If no joy, do a
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install -f
      This will clear up any problems and dependencies caused by earlier installation attempts and then post the contents of your /etc/fstab here.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks. That did the trick. It also explains why I was able to add packages shortly after installing Gutsy without any problems - I still had the CD loaded.

Comment

Glad to be able to assist.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by toad
            Yep, do that first. If no joy, do a
            Code:
            sudo apt-get install -f
            This will clear up any problems and dependencies caused by earlier installation attempts and then post the contents of your /etc/fstab here.
            God, I don't half talk crap some of the time - I meant /etc/apt/sources.list of course! Anyway, snowhog has done it again

Surprised this problem does not happen more often. If it did the developers could conjure up a little script alerting people of the fact.
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
            X