X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant get my labtop to use kubuntu live cd

im new to linux and not quite sure what im doing

i have been trying to install a version of kubuntu on my labtop. I was goiing to start with kubuntu 6.06 LTS, but the live cd wouldnt load did not want to work it was something about acpi or apic but this didnt work so i tried a few of the fixes i saw on here "nolapci" "noapic" and some others, im not sure if i put them in the right place though. there was also something about syncrinizing with the system clock

this seemed to be getting me nowhere, so i downloaded the Gusty live cd. it was going father into boot than LTS was. but after it go alot farther through the screen went black and then white lines start to appear but after a few minutes this fade out to black and then nothng hapens

i have tried to start both in safe graphics mode but that dosnt work ether
    it is a compaq with a AMD Anthlon X2 processor and 1 gb of ram
    it is a Nvidia 6000 graphics card
    i want to dual boot and my other OS is Vista

Re: cant get my labtop to use kubuntu live cd

With Vista as the OEM OS, you need to review the procedures for How to dual-boot Vista with Linux (Vista installed first) before you go any further.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hm, that link is for 7.04, will it hold for 7.10?

I have also heard of the http://wubi-installer.org/ which is seems to be a really nice project. However, suspend and hibernate is not supported
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
        Hm, that link is for 7.04, will it hold for 7.10?
        Yup. The necessary steps to take, when considering installing Linux as an additional OS on a PC with Vista pre-installed (OEM), are addressed in the link.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X