This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: orphan modules prevent display module from running

I just LOVE Linux. So far, just Kubuntu (KDE Ubuntu), and I have both, Feisty and Gutsy installed on my laptop. I've set aside partitions for another installation of a Linux distribution and/or for testing/playing around with. I'm also running WinXP inside of Gutsy using VMWare Player. Life is just soooo good! 8)

Oh, and - Welcome to the Kubuntu Forum, where you'll find lot's of fellow Kubunters. Levels of experience run the gamut - "Hi, I just got Kubuntu, and have a few questions: What's a CPU?" to "I write code for KDE and am one of the Developers of ..." and everything in between. Understand too, that everyone who posts here are all regular, non-paid users, just like your self. Not all the 'advise' you will be provided is necessarily sound. That doesn't mean that intentionally bad help is posted, but if you have reservations about any thing you are told to do, then don't do it, and ask around for clarification and/or confirmation.

The steps I take in problem solving are more involved, gathering needed information before suggesting a remedy, but it serves me well. I'll strongly suggest that you either grab yourself a notebook and take notes on what you do, or, do it on your PC (documents, which is what I do). Knowing what you did just before something 'goes bork' is invaluable when it comes to fixing it.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: orphan modules prevent display module from running

Oh, and one last thing: As you have solved the problem identified in this thread, go back to the initial posting and click the Modify button and add SOLVED to the subject line.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: bad config with error msg: "Monitor & Display could not be loaded"

Probably not "kosher" but I changed the whole subject line to make it more searchable.

Yes, it occurred to me that I should have been logging whatever I do through adept, or other installations. For example, I installed lastfm from a .deb package.

Thanks for the welcome!

Cheers,
        Steven

Comment

Re: SOLVED: bad config with error msg: "Monitor & Display could not be loaded"

Originally posted by datasoup
          Probably not "kosher" but I changed the whole subject line to make it more searchable.
          T'was your thread, so you can call it what ever you want. Actually, the new subject line will be more helpful to anyone else who experiences the same problem. Good thinking.

Comment

Working...
          X