X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot mange user accounts

Hi,
    I'm new to this and have just installed Kubuntu 7.10 on my computer.
    I've found that user management does not work for me.
    I'm trying to add a new user, but this requires root access. I typed in my sudo passwd, it did not complain about a bad passwd, but still the modify, new, and delete account options are greyed out.
    I did not have this trouble before when I was installing 7.06 on another machine, so I'm not sure if there's a bug in this distribution or what.
    Could somebody show me where I may have messed up?
    Thanks!

Jia

Re: cannot mange user accounts

Are you using K Menu | System Settings | General | User Management or are you accessing kcontrol (Alt+F2 kcontrol) to get to System Administration | User Management
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      I'm using K Menu | System Settings | General | User Management.

Comment

Mine is working as it is supposed to. Try using kcontrol to get to User Management, and see if you fare any better.

Comment

Thanks a lot, that worked.

Comment

I have no user management available in systemsettings or kcontrol. In systemsettings, I get that the module can't be loaded, and in kcontrol, the item just has a splash screen about kde. No error, just nothing about users.

Help?

Comment

Just got up and haven't yet had my several morning cups of coffee, but I seem to recall that there were/are 'some' issues in Gutsy installs/upgrades that dealt with unset Language. If you are able, go into System Settings | Regional & Language | Country/Region & Language and ensure that your language is set. If you can't get there this way, open kcontrol instead.

Comment

Working...
              X