X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a bad version

I'm using amd 64 arch

first, can't eject CD when installing application that uses more then one disk in wine (device is busy). I have even tried running from /media/cdrom
    second, Dolphin is a joke. It is so buggy its not funny. drag and drop does not work. when you maximize or minimize icons do not refresh right, just to name a few. I did uninstall it though, fixable.
    third, things that were working in the release are now broke due to updates. java, flash, firefox and konqueror. These may all be related. I have also reinstalled from scratch, no help. Installed on Intel, java work but rest remain.

Sorry if this is not the right place to do this but no good place to rant. I however do appreciate Kubuntu vary much and am thankfull for it, it is just frustrating at times. I think I will just go back to feisty for now.

Re: This is a bad version

What exactly are you referring to when you say konqueror/firefox are brocken (maybe we can solve this one).

Comment

now, the Flash people (adobe) release a new version of their (proprietary) software, and it does not work in konqueror anymore, and their apparent lack of 64 bit support from what i have seen (I do not yet have 64bit hardware, so I can't really say) makes for a bad Kubuntu release?

wine's inability to eject a cd during a windows software install? Software from Ubuntu's run-at-your-own-risk, unsupported universe repository makes this a Bad Release??
      But, anyway I think the way to help in this area is to run winecfg and make sure your cd rom device is set as the 'D" drive. I must admit this pesky issue has plagued me off and on over the years and distros

I won't argue over D3lphin, though i do like it myself and do not see the issues you are seeing. The decision to use it a the default filebrowser is questionable, especially as this program is not the same codebase as the filebrowser in the upcoming KDE4 (which btw is much much nicer, but good 'ole konqueror is not going away thank goodness!)

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
        I won't argue over D3lphin, though i do like it myself and do not see the issues you are seeing. The decision to use it a the default filebrowser is questionable, especially as this program is not the same codebase as the filebrowser in the upcoming KDE4 (which btw is much much nicer, but good 'ole konqueror is not going away thank goodness!)
        I wonder whether they'll put d3lphin as default on hardy, supporting unmaintained software for three years (LTS) seems like a lot of work...I guess we'll see

Sorry for hijacking the thread :P

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
          What exactly are you referring to when you say konqueror/firefox are brocken (maybe we can solve this one).
          It is the flash and java I think. It keeps hanging. It helps to know adobe is responsible for it being broken.

Comment

I just don't understand why java stopped working. Now when i go to a site that needs java run time it has the click here to install the plug-in. It is like firefox is not seeing the plug-in. konqueror works but not firefox.

Comment

check out the following thread, specifically the sudo ln stuff. That will probably be enough to get java working in firefox given it already does in konqueror.

Comment

Working...
              X