This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from Feisty to Gutsy - hang

Adept asked me if I would like to upgrade and I said yes. All went well until the fourth stage - installing the upgrades.
    The progress bar is stopped at 0% on "Preparing to configure libartsc0".
    Hung for a half an hour now. No other programs running and screen saver off.
    Should I try to stop the adept upgrade and start it afresh?
    The comp is not locked or hung , just adept.
    Thanks j
    edit: adept dead

Re: Upgrade from Feisty to Gutsy - hang

You got enough disk space left? Adept miscalculated the amount needed for the whole upgrade, and all of a sudden it stopped in installation, and no error was output. I just opened a console and checked there was no space available, so I freed some, killed adept and restarted the upgrade via apt-get (of course the system didn't continue after having additional space freed).

Comment

Feisty is on a 12GB volume. HD size shouldn't be a problem.
      Will try apt-get next j

Comment

Same problem over here! ...
        Adept worked well till the 4th step and the progress stopped at 2% while it says "Preparing libexpat1" and is now hanging about an hour ...
        I got enough space left on my main partition (about 3.4 GB+), so this shouldn't be the problem. BUT I got three errors while configuring the upgrade (at the beginning of step 4): One with "debconf" and two about "x11-common" -- I didn't understand the error messages well because they were bad translated into german and so they didn't make much sense!

I'll kill the process and try it again by "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" ... Hope this works!

Or does anybody has an idea?!

Greetings dT

Comment

Working...
        X